terça-feira, 25 de agosto de 2015

"Shadows cease low. Now the bright prentice Sun / As sombras cessam. Já o sol, empregado", de Fernando Pessoa

Shadows cease low. Now the bright prentice Sun
Takes down the shutters of the shop of Life,
And, counter wiped, the day's toil is begun
Of selling means no Hope, worker Joy's wife.

But what is this to me that, beggared deep,
No more than up and down the street repeat
My dream of what I'd buy, were not buying step
For the chilled walk of my loss-palsied feet?

I see the buyers enter and come out,
Stayed at the corner of occasions lost;
I hear the talk, the laugh, the casual bout
Of buying, and I half forget the post

Of mendicant exclusion, mine eyes being
Taken up more with looking that with seeing.

* * *

As sombras cessam. Já o sol, empregado,
Puxa as persianas da loja do Viver
E, limpo o balcão, começa o trabalho
De vendas à Esperança, esposa do Prazer.

Mas o que me resta, profundo mendigo,
Senão repetir, na rua a caminhar,
Meu sonho de compras, não fosse excessivo
P'ra meus pés gelados, tolhido o andar.

Vejo os compradores entrar e sair,
Parado à esquina da perdida ocasião;
Ouço a conversa, o riso, a casual crise
De compras e quase esqueço a minha condição

De mendiga exclusão, ficando a olhar,
Menos preso ao ver do que ao contemplar.

(in Poemas Ingleses. Vol. II; trad. Luísa Freire, ed. Planeta DeAgostini/Assírio & Alvim, 2006)

Sem comentários: